Thursday, January 2, 2014

Stateside Update 16: Final Preparations

Soon my posts to this blog will not read "Stateside Updates" or "Preparation," because my first flight leaves tomorrow at lunch time. Starting tomorrow morning, I will spend over 30 hours in airplanes and airports. I will arrive in Chiang Mai at 8am Sunday local time, which is 8pm Eastern Standard Time (for those of you interested in Skyping me, Chiang Mai is 12 hours ahead of EST.)

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to my arrival in Thailand and I am blessed beyond measure because someone is picking me up from the airport and taking me shopping when I get there, and a sweet girl named Cara is going to be my roommate! We are coordinating housing right now and there's a possiblity we'll be living with another lady, so I would ask your prayer for that process to be completed.

My mom and I are spending the night in Atlanta so I'll be ready for the flight tomorrow. As I sit here in our hotel room, I'm reminded of the time one of my friends told me to make my preparation worship.  As I'm finishing preparation for the travel, I am called, even now, to make my preparation worship. Even in the suitcase packing and restroom stops, long lines and immigration, cramped legs and "different" meal options, my preparation should still be worship.

A good attitude can change a difficult 30+ hours in the air into an opportunity for growth and worship, and I'm actually looking forward to the adventure a bit! Wish me well! Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment