Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Stateside Update 10: Housing and Plane Tickets

Dear Friends,

Most of the preparation for overseas student teaching occurs in spurts. Complete the application... Wait... Hear back about acceptance... Wait... Hear back about potential placement... Wait... Receive finalized placement... Contact school... Wait...  There's been a lot of waiting, because there is a lot of unknown in the process.

However, today I received really great news!

I got an email from the recruiter at Grace International School regarding housing and airplane tickets. GIS uses an outside organization to locate housing for their teachers. Today, I began communication with that organization by way of an intake survey to help determine my housing needs.
I also began the intensive research needed to locate plane tickets. This is the first time I have had to coordinate my entire international airfare on my own, and I have already requested advice from the GIS recruiter. Please pray that I would not be anxious about airfare or finances but that God would provide exactly what I need.

My trip to Thailand is becoming more and more real as it becomes closer, and I am reminded that I am so blessed to have this opportunity. As always, I covet your prayers, and I am indebted to you for your encouragement and support. If you would like to support me financially or otherwise, please visit my support page or send me an email. In addition, if you did not receive one of my prayer cards via snail mail, but would like one, please let me know and I can get that out to you.

Entirely dependent upon Him,
--






"Seek Him. Be Here. Be His."

No comments:

Post a Comment